Arriving at YVR
Canada’s second busiest airport, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) welcomed 16.8 million people in 2010. While passing through YVR, be sure to enjoy the spectacular visual display of award-winning art and architecture. Offering visitors a unique journey of Land, Sea and Sky, each terminal building strategically represents the culture heritage, natural beauty and iconic experiences that embody British Columbia.
Getting to downtown Vancouver
The Canada Line is Vancouver’s new rapid transit rail link connecting YVR to downtown Vancouver in 26 minutes. It’s a fast and easy way to get to Vancouver city centre. You can conveniently access trains from both the International and Domestic Terminals.
Taxis are a quick and easy way to get to and from Vancouver International Airport. They are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The approximate fare to downtown Vancouver is $28 - $32 (taxes included).
Vancouver Convention Centre
The new, state-of-the-art Vancouver Convention Centre, which served as the Official Broadcast Centre for the 2010 Olympics, is the venue for ICIAM 2011. Built over land and water, the floor-to-ceiling glass throughout treats guests to phenomenal harbour and mountain views, the new West Building is a masterpiece of design, inspiration and sustainability.
Street address: Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3
- Wayfinder kiosks. Interactive Touch Screen Kiosks display the current day’s schedule and maps of the venue. The interactive maps displays your current location, and the location of your selected session.
The registration desk is located in the Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) West Level 1 Foyer. ICIAM 2011 name badges are required to be worn by all delegates and their guests.
- Sunday 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Monday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Exhibitor Hall hours
Visit the Congress exhibitors in VCC West Ballroom D. The Exhibit Hall is open daily from 9:00 – 4:30.
Located in West Level 1 Foyer, visit this booth to test your math skills in a fun online game. Open Monday to Thursday (9:30 – 3:00), and Friday (9:30- 1:30).
- The ICIAM 2011 Schedule and Abstract Book will be provided on USB keys. Computer stations loaded with these books are located throughout the venue for your convenience.
- Wired internet is available in the Internet Lounge (Room 201), and is open 9:15 AM – 5:15 PM daily.
- WIFI is available throughout the venue. We request you disconnect if your device from WIFI when not in use, as the band width is limited in size. WIFI login instructions here.
- Download the free mobile phone apps for ICIAM 2011. After your initial log-in, you can select view the schedule, exhibitors, attendees, and even create your own show by selecting the sessions you wish to attend.
- Android. Simply go to the Android Market and search “ICIAM2011”
- Blackberry. Simply plug www.tripbuilder.com/bberry/ICIAM2011 into your phone’s browser.
- iPhone, iPad, iTouch. Simply go to the App Store and search “ICIAM2011”
- Web-Enabled Phone. Simply plug "www.tripbuilder.mobi/ICIAM2011" into your phone’s browser and bookmark the link.
- ICIAM TV will include various aspects of the ICIAM 2011 program, including highlights from sessions, interviews with speakers, and reactions from delegates. In addition to viewing on the ICIAM website, the daily programs can also be viewed:
- In the Vancouver Convention Centre
- West Ballrooms A, B, C (12:45 PM), screens throughout the venue
- In select Hotels
- Coast Coal Harbour (Channel 69)
- Four Seasons Hotel (Channel 64)
- Hyatt Regency (Channel 58 )
- Marriott Pinnacle (Channel 381)
- Pan Pacific (Channel 17)
- Renaissance Harbourside (Channel 17)
- Westin Bayshore (Channel 61)
- Daily electronic newsletters delivered right to your inbox
Morning and afternoon refreshment breaks are provided for Congress delegates. Lunch and dinner are at the delegates’ discretion. There are many dining options within a five minute walking distance from the VCC. Some suggestions are:
These service providers are for reference only. The Congress organizers do not take any responsibility of level of service.
Corporate Social Responsibilty and Sustainability
The organizers of ICIAM 2011 have adopted corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives, including:
- Donating excess catering to local food bank and homeless shelters (FoodRunners)
- Supplying delegate bags made from recycled Olympic 2010 banners, and produced using local social programs (Common Thread Co-op)
- Providing the Program Schedule and Abstract Book on USB keys and electronically throughout the venues
- Distributing electronic newsletters daily to delegates during the Congress
- Engaged local community volunteers to assist in preparations before and during the Congress.
More information about Vancouver