The new, state-of-the-art Vancouver Convention Centre, which served as the Official Broadcast Centre for the 2010 Olympics, is the venue for ICIAM 2011. Built over land and water, the floor-to-ceiling glass throughout treats guests to phenomenal harbour and mountain views, our new West Building is a masterpiece of design, inspiration and sustainability.
ICIAM 2011 will be housed in both the East and West buildings. They are joined by a connector that affords views of the harbour and mountains.
For a sneak peek of the venue, watch this video.
Vancouver Convention Centre: 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC, V6C 0C3 Canada Map it
The facility has wheelchair services, accessible elevators, accessible restroom stalls, unisex restrooms to accommodate a guest with special requirements and their attendant or for families with young children and varying height public telephones including a sit-down TTY unit. We also have a fully-equipped first aid room and security personnel who are trained as first responders in fire/safety and first aid emergencies including the use of on-site defibrillators.
Our commitment to green technology can be found in every corner: the “living roof,” seawater heating and cooling, on-site water treatment and even fish habitat built into the foundation.
- Its six-acre "living roof" houses thousands of indigenous plants and recovers rainwater for irrigation.
- Seawater heating and cooling and on-site water treatment.
- Fish habitat built into the building foundations.
- Designated a Powersmart Convention Centre by BC Hydro.
- Awarded "GO GREEN" certificate from the Building Owners and Managers.
- The West building has received LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum certification. We are the first convention centre in the world to earn the highest LEED® rating.